Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Riv's 2015 PCT, Day 62, Part 2


Day 62, Wednesday, Augusr 26, Part 2

Continued from Day 62, Part 1

Photo 4. Second breakfast stop at the top of the pass. First cell coverage since leaving Snohomish Pass. I get an email about a posting on Facebook PCT 2015 page. I read it and respond, then get a message from my dear trail friend and mentor Meander (who started with me at the Mexican border in 2013, and with whom I camped intermittently and shared rooms in trail towns for that first section and who mentored me in a thousand ways on the ways of the trail) saying that he was driving to "PCT Days" at Cascade Locks (at Oregon-Washington border) and was just an hour and fifteen minutes beyond Stevens Pass and was going to turn around and come meet me got breakfast! I cannot tell you how often I had fantasized asking Meander if he would meet me at Harts Pass and hike the last 60 miles with me (so it would be like bookends)-- this totally chance and spontaneous connection at the end of my journey felt like amazing trail magic. 
 

Photo 5. Before connecting with Meander, eating a slow breakfast, caressing the mountains with my eyes, watching the little seeds with their star-wings break away from the mother plant. Can you believe the trail arranged this little parable-reminder for my last breakfast. Letting go, drifting whatever way the wind may blow. Not so easy. 


Photo 6. Meander and me at breakfast at Cascadia Inn Cafe in Skykomish. I fell in love with him all over again. 


Photo 7. Chrissy and me on the ferry approaching Orcas Osland. 



So much more to say. Too suspended between worlds to say it. I am like the spider who leaps into the wind before she discovers where she can attach the other end of her web-thread. We are continually called to re-weave and re-imagine ourselves and our lives, aren't we? Just who is this River, with no trail to walk down?

What a wonderful walk it has been. Thank you again and again for walking with me. 

And now the adventure of re-turning to this unknown mysterious center called home. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment