Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Riv's 2015 PCT, Day 44, August 8, Part 2

Day 44, Saturday, August 8, Part 2. 

Photo 7. The silver woods I find peaceful and reassuring. One tree shows what may be stages of burn area development: black bark, a peeled away area where gold tree-flesh is exposed, and other areas where (by Riv's hypothesis) the gold has been bleached to silver after some time being exposed. 


Photo 8. Water stop, third rest stop at 14 miles. If you look very closely at the foreground trees on the right, you can see the socks and bandana (I finally got a new bandana and I am delighted to have it) that I rinsed out in the lake draped over branches. 


Photo 9:  the clouds were really moving around fast and energetically so I couldn't resist choosing clouds today for Bonnie's wave. I love the idea of "surfing" the motion of things. What a way to live with - not against - transience. And I am so grateful that Bonnie is finding joy in riding her wave and sharing that joy with me and with you as well. 


Photo 10. Hiking toward Mt Jefferson. I've been in the Mt Jefferson Wilderness Area since just beyond Santiam Pass. 


Photo 11. My Jefferson in the evening slant sunlight from my tentsite ( see my tent in the foreground on the left?)


Enough! I am sleepy and ready to turn out my headlamp and tuck myself in. Happy trails to you wherever your life takes you and as always thank you so much for witnessing and walking with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment