Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Riv's 2015 PCT, Day 40, Aug. 4, Part 2

Day 40, Tuesday, August 4, Part 2. 

Photo 7. On the other side of the trail and to the North, a series of mountains: Mt Washington, three-fingered Jack, Mt Jefferson and (not showing up in photo, but there) Mt Hood. 


Photo 8. The lava fields. Very interesting terrain. I didn't love it, and it was hard to hike. But I didn't dislike it, I found it fascinating. 


Photo 9. Behind the lava fields all four mountains from photo 7. Only this time of you look close you can make out Mt Hood to the right of My Jefferson. I'm on my way to meet my Chrissy!


Photo 10. North Sister appears and dominates with her presence -- after all that time when I could not see her. Now South Sister has vanished. 


Photo 11. My second rest stop at this little lake where I had a dip and a good rest. It felt so good to be there in the warm sun. 


Photo 12. Looking back, beyond the lava fields, at North Sister and Middle Sister. South Sister is gone. Hard to believe that just last night she was such a looming presence outside my tent. 


Tomorrow a short hike and visit to a youth camp hikers rave about. Should be fun. 

Happy trails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment