Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Riv's 2015 PCT, Day 59, Part 3

Day 59, Sunday, August 23, Part 3

Photo 11: Climbjng up again, looking back down at a lake. Hard to believe I was way down there just a little while ago. Space as mysterious as time.


Photo 12. In the afternoon, it got very smoky. The views ( of a new set of mountains) were very compromised by the thick smoke. Still I found this mountain moving  


Photo 13. Looking at mountains in distance disappearing into the blur of the smoke. 


Photo 14. Fall colors. Isn't it interesting the way sunrise and sunset involve color, and so do spring and fall?  The association of color with beginnings and endings, with transition. And transience. 


I am a little reluctant to talk about the fact that I had a fall today. Up until now I have been uncannily lucky in my falls and picked myself up uninjured. But this one felt more serious from the start. I met out a loud howl ( with no one but me to hear). At first when I picked myself up I did not think my ankle could best weight. But in fact I kept walking and it did. After each rest, more pain and difficulty. It seemed as if walking was helping in some way. Another reason I kept walking.

At this point it is impossible to know how seriously injured I am. Both my ankle and knee are affected. I do not know for sure how they will be in the morning and if I can coax them into walking. I am praying for a night of powerful healing. I am imagining all of you when you read this sending healing wishes back in time to help my ankle and knee repair and rebuild tonight as I sleep.  

Thanks ahead of time for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment