Sunday, August 2, 2015

Riv's 2015 PCT, Day 34, July 29

Day 34, Wednesday, July 29. From PCT mile 1855.94, elev. 7180, walked 19.79 miles to PCT mile 1875.75, elev. 5821. Total up/down +2106/ -3419. 

Dear Trail Friends, 

I am sad to say I have again hiked so many miles that I have very little oomph left for sharing the journey. This is a very strong motivation to slow down since writing these trail notes and sharing with you is one of the great joys of the experience. 

Photo 1. I don't know the name of this peak but find it beautiful. Here it is in the dawn light. Shall we see if we can catch this one and ride this it in, Bonnie?


Photo 2. Another beautiful peak. 


Photo 3. I don't know why I found the morning light shining on this particular log and this young tree so beautiful. But I did.


Photo 4. Two dead branches, dancing,bowing to destiny, but still dancing. 


Photo 5. Yet another beautiful mountain. Love the exposed colorful rock. Lava again no doubt. 


Photo 6. These woods are beautiful. Young trees and old. Dropping moss. Dappled light and shadow. I love walking through them. 


I passed the highest point in the Washington and Oregon Sections of the PCT early this morning. I must have walked right by the plaque--never saw it. By the way, I will be hiking into my next resupply point, a small marina and RV park called Shelter Cove, July 30 or 31. Soon after I leave there, I will pass the 500 mile point for this hike (half my total distance if I walk to the Canada border--skipping of course the 200+ miles from Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood to Chinook Pass at Mt Rainier, which I hiked last September. )

I hope to hike less tomorrow and to have more energy for connecting with you. Thank you for your companionship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment