Friday, July 24, 2015

Riv's 2015 PCT, Day 26, July 21, part 2

Photo 5. A hiker named Cruise Control stops to visit me in my rest stop in the shelter of a very mossy tree. He is an automotive technician but got his trail name when cruising high speed toward the Paradise Cafe (near Idyllwild) ready for a hot meal. (Fun for me to recall my own memories of Paradise Cafe). 


Photo 6. Looking up at my mossy tree from, as we used to call it my yoga days, my "inverted posture"


Photo 7. A really special one of these fluffy seed balls -- I forget what to call them. After I took the photo I noticed all the others were just as special. 


 Photo 8. An adventurous seed from one of those fluff balls with its parasol, whose design reminds me of a spider web (a design I have always admired, and by the way, I once wrote a poem about that...what am I trying to do, sell you my poetry books?)


Photo 9. Bonnie's Wave for today -- not even a rain cloud in sight ( though I hear there is a small wildfire in central Oregon near the PCT -- may it be contained). 


So much for my limit of 6 photos. So many things I thought of telling you while I was walking, to help you really imagine being here. But now, honestly, I'm tired and I want to just lie down and close my eyes. 

So goodnight and sweet dreams and thank you as always for walking with me. I have never been as happy as I am, sometimes, on the trail and being alone is a big part of it but I really wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the experience of being alone without having you to share it with. I thank you with all my heart -- which feels at this moment like that saying "a heart as big as all outdoors. "

No comments:

Post a Comment